CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 09, 2009

I don't have a title yet, sue me.

I've decided that I'm really gonna make use of this babble-journal & post some of my summer writing & possibly college too, as I have no more Friday writer's club meetings. :'[

This piece was inspired by the episode of Supernatural called "Fresh Blood" & the vampire who seduced women by telling them that he would take them "higher than they'd ever been before." Yet, this woman wants to be taken, wants and escape. Why? I don't even know yet.

Here goes:
That night you traipsed into that ramshackle bar is seared into my memory. I was looking for trouble and it found me dressed a suit of tattoos and a wrinkled leather jacket. You were the hog rider I was searching for; one who bought me thimbles of whiskey and fed me deception. You told me you’d take me up so high, I’d never come back down. This was the escape I needed, the danger I was seeking.
I was the one that did not belong there, begging to be taken advantage of, to be left for dead in a vacant alley. I was the shimmering damsel in distress every knight quested for, except I was not praying for a savior, but for a demon, a good time that would make me regret ever driving my little red convertible to the outskirts of town. What did I have left to lose? Everything I had that was worth something was gone already. Why couldn’t I just have some dirty fun?
I should have turned back as soon as I pushed open that swinging door when each dusty man licked his cracked lips at the sight of my body wrapped in a silken cherry dress. I should have turned back when whistles erupted from near the frayed pool table, where surely I could end games just by a toss of my blonde hair. Instead of fleeing I found the bar, batted my eyelashes and was passed free shots from each haggard bar fly; it’d be easier to catch me without inhibitions. What they didn’t know was that I could handle my liquor. I downed two shots and was mulling over my third when you burst through the door.


Concerns: Title?, whether or not this should be about a vampire [I'm not really fond of them, just killing them], is this a strong enough point of view?, are parts of this cliche or is it just me?. Comments, answers to my concerns, & criticism is appreciated & can be reciprocated if necessary.

XOXO,
Kelly

0 getting drunk on an aeroplane: